In the past, Voice Recordings amounted for the majority of data collected by Emergency Communication Centers. Modern PSAPs need to be prepared to handle data from a variety of incoming information sources, including:
- 9-1-1 calls
- Radio traffic
- TDM and VoIP calls
- Screen recordings
- Computer-aided dispatch (CAD)
- Locations from geographic information systems (GIS)
- Texts to 9-1-1
Multiformat data capture – collecting data from multiple interfaces into a single, unified solution –provides a 360-degree, real-time view of an incident.
Modern Multichannel Recording solutions can:
- Capture communications across a wide variety of sources
- Synchronize various information types into a comprehensive timeline view
- Act as a central hub that collates all relevant data associated to a case or incident
- Promote easy sharing of resources between parties in different departments or organizations
While recording voice channels has been a significant part of emergency communication recording for decades, multiformat data capture is now essential for recreating incidents, evaluating agent and officer performance, and completing investigations.