Any organization that collects, processes, stores, or transmits payment data must comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), commonly just called PCI.
PCI is intended to protect customers against identity theft and fraud. Compliance covers:
- Internal policies
- Network architecture
- Software design
- And more
Compliance as it relates to Call Recording and the storage of recorded material means that certain material may not be recorded at all, and that which is permissible to be recorded must be stored in accordance with PCI standards.
Recording solutions that are built to ensure compliance can:
- Automatically control privacy controls
- Prevent portions of calls from being recorded, such as SSN or payment information
- Automatically pause-and-resume calls
- Allow manual pause-and-resume for calls and Screen Recordings, where appropriate
- Securely store recorded data to be accessed only by those with authorization
- Provide unique user names for each agent
- Use strong password management and user authentication
- Securely encrypt all data
For more information about PCI regulations, watch our webinar PCI: Ensuring Your Call Recording Systems Are Compliant or read the blogpost PCI & Your Call Recording System.
Tags: Compliance Contact Center