When it comes to managing communication data from Call Recordings, security is one of the most important concerns. From initial recording of calls through to on-going management of data, all information must be secure, resistant to system failures, compliant to regulatory standards (such as PCI-DSS) and protect against security breaches and loss of records.
Modern Call Recording solutions provide the highest level of secure storage and data management:
- Retention and litigation holds can be set for all storage media
- Strict user-access profiles are used
- Strong password policies are enforced
- System administrators maintain full control recorded calls and associated data
- Audio files are secure against unauthorized alteration or editing
- Call data can be archived to any network storage device
- High-level encryption is available
- Recording can feature PCI-DSS compliant functionality
PCI-DSS security, as it relates to Call Recording and the storage of recorded material, means that certain material may not be recorded at all, and that which is permissible to be recorded must be stored in accordance with PCI standards. Recording solutions are designed specifically to ensure PCI compliance by featuring automatic and manual pause-and-resume functionality, so that confidential information, such as credit card numbers and SSNs, do not get recorded.
Additionally, for the utmost reliability in record management, solutions must also ensure that there is no single point of failure throughout the system. Add built-in resiliency and redundancy features to this and your Call Recording solution eliminates many opportunities for non-compliance, errors, lost recordings, or system downtime.