Field Service Engineer
Wilmac is a premier global provider of sales, professional services, and support for the world’s most widely used Voice and Digital technologies. Wilmac’s Customer Experience, Compliance, and Enterprise Voice Archiving (EVA) solutions are powered by best-of-breed products and dedicated sales and support teams. Through Wilmac’s own development, partnerships, and leading vendors, Wilmac is committed to providing customized solutions for every customer, regardless of industry type or business size. Wilmac’s experience and expertise serves a variety of industries in North America including Public Safety and Security Organizations, Contact Centers, and Financial Compliance Institutions.
The Field Service Engineer position works directly with our customers to implement and support compliance recording solutions. Candidates must be willing to work across Wilmac’s numerous business verticals. The position requires 30% travel to local and interstate customers.
- Support existing customers with unique and challenging issues
- Implement new systems for existing and new customers
- Assist customers with troubleshooting issues that may fall outside of our control (networking, firewall, telco, etc.)
- Maintain a competent understanding of current and future software/technologies
- Work as part of a team to successfully implement complex systems
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Maintain a positive attitude to contribute to a positive atmosphere
- Participation in the on-call rotation to support customers on nights and weekends as needed
- Possess the ability to self-study and seek out other industry-related technology learning opportunities
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience with core cloud platform architecture and traditional server environments
- Experienced in installing and maintaining Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019
- Comfortable with providing desktop OS and browser support
- Understanding of MSSQL/MySQL is required (Certification a plus)
- Scripting capability and the ability to develop cloud-based environments
- Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
- Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e.g. TLS 1.2, ELK stack)
- Knowledge of REST/SOAP/JSON web service API implementation.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a deep focus on RCA
- Experience with networking, routing, firewall rules, VoIP
Starting salary is from $60,000 to $70,000 per year depending on qualifications and experience.
Benefits include: Health, life and disability insurance; 401k; vacation; personal and professional development training; on-going manufacturer’s technical training and certification.
Ready to get started?